Friday, October 21, 2011

Back In Italy!!!!


I'm back in Italy!! I can't tell you how excited I am. I've actually been here since Sunday, but Italy has terrible internet access generally- one thing I forgot about. A couple things while I have the internet:


I flew Ryanair into Rome and took a train to Naples. Yes, they still have that trumpet da-da-dah! sound when you land to say the flight was on time. And no, nobody clapped this time! Sad. I could see Rome from the plane and I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when I spotted the Pantheon! Everything looked so tiny from the plane. I passed right through Rome, but I go there officially on Sunday, for one week, with Hannah. I can't even describe how excited I am to return to the city where I studied for 2 semesters. It was such a significant time for me. More on that later!


I spent the last couple of days on the beautiful island of Ischia (off of Napoli) with two of the interns, Eli and Vince, and Vince's wonderful, big, loud, loving Italian family! I can't wait to share more later! For now, here are some previews!

No comments:

Post a Comment